Thinking About Getting A Spray Tan? Here are a Few Things You Should Know
We didn't need the Groundhog to tell us that we're a long way from Spring.
If you are missing the summer sun and looking for a healthier alternative to UV exposure, you may be considering spray tanning.
Customized spray tanning is the healthiest alternative to the sun. It keeps you looking young as the UV damage from tanning beds and the sun are erased from the equation.
Interested in getting a spray tan? Make sure to follow these tips from Judy, TOMORROWS spray tan specialist. "I've performed enough spray tan applications to know which activities, before and after the sessions, result in the best tans," says Judy. "My clients are happiest with the results when they follow these simple tips."
Before Your Session:
- Use a cotton washcloth to gently exfoliate your skin
- Shave and receive any spa services prior to your Spray Tan
- NO moisturizer the day of your Spray Tan – before or after
- Wear old undergarments to tan in (anything from granny panties to a g-string is fine)
- Wear loose, dark slip on clothes & shoes – NO TIGHT CLOTHES to your appointment
- Consider a strapless bra for your appointment if appropriate
After Your Session:
- Stay dry for 12 hours for the maximum benefits
- Use Dove Soap or any other mild soap or shower gel (High pH soaps will fade you fast)
- Take short, warm showers and pat skin dry (don’t rub)
- Moisturize AT LEAST every other day starting after your first shower, post Spray Tan
- Sassy Self-Tanner & Anti-Aging Retail Spray, post Spray Tan, will provide best results for extending the life of your color
- Spray perfume and cologne on clothing or the back of your hairline – NOT directly on skin (because it’s got alcohol in it and will dry out the area sprayed – i.e. it will look dirty/blotchy)
- Sports active people will benefit from powder in socks, sports bras, shin guards, etc.
- Keep hydrated and drink plenty of water to help your S.T. fade
- Remember that a Spray Tan is ‘paint’ on your skin, so choose activity wisely
Need a touch up before a big event? We'll gladly reapply our application to your face and hands, where fading tends to be predominant.