The Benefits of Winter Massage
Winter is in full swing, its time for a massage!
TOMORROWS' massage therapist, Sherri, recommends therapeutic massage to address many of the winter woes we can expect during the season, including...
- Dry Skin - massage will improve circulation to your entire body. Improved blood flow will help skin hydrate and moisturize during these dry months. Additionally, massage oils and lotions at TOMORROWS contain healthy amounts of vitamin E and other moisturizing ingredients.
- Back Pain - seasonal tasks such as snow removal can lead to sore backs and injuries due to slips and falls. Attentive massage therapy will decrease inflammation and aid in muscle repair.
- Sunlight Deficiency - lack of sun can bring gloom to just about anyone. Its hard to avoid "getting down in the dumps" with week after week of cold weather and no sun to warm our bodies. Massage therapy is proven to enhance your overall state of well being as gentle pressure releases your body's natural serotonin and endorphin production.
- Immune System - we hope you are lucky enough to avoid the variety of viruses making there way around this season. However, massage therapy increases lymph flow which is packed with the white blood cells required fight off infections and bacteria. Avoid getting sick altogether with regular immune-boosting massage!
- Circulation – if you are experiencing cold hands and feet, stiff joints, and other aches and pains, this just may be the cold air taking its toll on your body. Massage therapy increases circulation, enhancing blood flow to muscles, joints, and organs, warming up your body from the inside out.
Call 440-333-5056 to schedule you massage session and find relief this winter!
Sherri treats her clients to a unique style that she has developed over nearly 20 years of bodywork experience, including 10 years licensed with The State of Ohio Medical Board. Sherri is additionally certified in the following modalities:
- Lomi-Lomi Spiritual Massage
- Chakra Balancing
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Therapeutic Applications in Sports
- Neuromuscular Release
- Deep Tissue
Sherri's clients range from newborn babies to folks well into their 90's. From the sedentary to the professional athlete, Sherri's focus is to optimize function and enhance well being.
Also a very proud mother of 3 wonderful sons, Sherri is excited to join Tomorrows' Wellness Team and looks forward to tailoring a session for you and your specific needs. Call 440-333-5056 to schedule your session today!